Options

Tau Ceti font

Hi!
I am a bachelor of fine arts in photography. I am focused on logo design mostly. Looking for the right font to fit in my works, I tried sometimes to create it myself. Here's my best try so far, an elegant font with possible uses in logo design, print design, web UI, mobile and desktop apps etc
I'm waiting your critiques to improve it!

Comments

• Options
    First I'd adjust the spacing (increase the sidebearings overall and decrease the wordspace width).
    The cramped upper counter of /a/ jumps out too.
  • Options
    Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,145
    The trick is to have some consistency in the size of counters—compare with Kabel, where both /a and /e have “cramped” counters.
  • Options
    Balance the inner spaces of the letters. If you look for example at your u and your a, your u looks wider.
  • Options
    Nick ShinnNick Shinn Posts: 2,145
    edited October 2015
    You can only go so far looking at a few letters, or alphabets. The true test of a typeface is how it performs in a body of text.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, as the old adage goes, not, I would say, in examining the ingredients, the recipe, or how it has been cooked, no matter how pertinent those factors may be to the outcome.

So, looking at the text setting in the PDF, the small counter at the top of /a looks fine, because it is echoed at the bottom of /g, and in the spaces between words, in the close fit of the face.
  • Options
    Thank you all!

I modified /a, /g, /h, m, /n, /r, /u.
    The text in proof is aligned at left - I let the space and bearings untouched for now.

• Options
    sicasimadasicasimada Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    And here's a pdf proof with new sidebearings and wordspace. It is better, indeed.